AIPH Grower of the Year 2019 Open for Entries
Recognising the very best of the best in the horticultural industry, the 10th International Association of Horticultural Producers (AIPH) International Grower of the Year (IGOTY) Awards 2019 is now open for entries.
The event will take place at the IPM fairground on Tuesday 22 January 2019 in Essen, Germany, alongside IPM Essen.
The awards recognise best practice in horticultural production by the top ornamental production nurseries from around the globe.
The Categories are:
* Finished Plants & Trees - Plants andTtrees ready for final sale.
* Young Plants - Cuttings, plugs, liners, seedlings, etc, sold for growing on.
* Cut Flowers & Bulbs - Flowers and foliage cut for indoor decorative use and bulbs.
* Sustainability Award - Best practice and innovation in improving sustainability.
* Inspiring Business Award - Small businesses (less than ten employees) that demonstrate unique qualities and innovation.
Nine Finalists from Six Countries
2018 saw nine finalists from five countries make it through to the awards gala dinner, representing Canada, China, Columbia, Ethiopia, Israel and the Netherlands, with Ter Laak Orchids - The Netherlands taking home the title of International Grower of the Year 2018.
The deadline to submit entry forms is 13 July 2018 and all information can be found at www.aiph.org/groweroftheyear