- Adding Shape, Scale and Vibrancy 6 October 2015
- 'Planting' ideas at Green is Life! 5 October 2015
- CHA and GaLabau stage Free Export Workshop 2 October 2015
- Going the Extra Mile! 2 October 2015
- The ROBO customer is coming your way! 30 September 2015
- 'Mega Drum Kit' developed 30 September 2015
The website for the Global Plant Sector
Welcome to this exciting news platform for the Professional Plant sector. Now nearing it second anniversary this has become THE trade website for all the latest news from Growers, Nurseries, Breeders and trade events around the globe (plus product manufacturers). Our recently launched Garden Retail and Book Review pages have enhanced the coverage we offer and have contributed to a significant rise in 'page views'.
We invite the industry to submit their plant news to us on a regular basis. Email : email@example.com
- IPM Dubai 20156 October 2015 7 October 2015
- Groen-Direkt Plant Fair13 October 2015 27 October 2015 8 November 2015
- Future Landscape & Public Realm Qatar 201526 October 2015 27 October 2015
- Flora Holland Trade Fair 20154 November 2015 5 November 2015 6 November 2015
- GroSouth 201511 November 2015
- Flower Show Turkey/Eurasia Plant Fair 201526 November 2015 27 November 2015 28 November 2015 29 November 2015
- Paysalia 20151 December 2015 2 December 2015 3 December 2015
- Tropical Plant Industry Exhibition 201620 January 2016 21 January 2016 22 January 2016
- IPM Essen 201626 January 2016 27 January 2016 28 January 2016 29 January 2016
- Groen-Direkt Spring Fair 20162 February 2016 3 February 2016
From the Potting Shed....
25th GrootGroenPlus opened today!
The annual focus on plants and trees in Zundert opened its doors this morning. (Sept 30). We wish the organisers well and will report on all the news over the next few days.
Green Heart of Glee 'Best in Show' goes to Anglo Aquatics
Anglo Aquatics won the best display award in the Green Heart of Glee 2015 this week. Judge Kevin Waters presented the award along with Event Director Matthew Mein and HTA CEO Carol Paris in the Atrium Green Heart Area.
Kevin Waters has been giving guided tours of the Green Heart Area during the show which included 12 month by month plant merchanising ideas. Dougal Philip from New Hoptoun Gardens said "That has been the most valuable and rewarding thing we've done at Glee and added enormously to all of the other ideas and products we've seen in the halls. We will definately be back for another Green Heart tour in 2016."
World-wide launch for 'Autonno Rosso'
Sycoparrotia semicidua ‘Autonno Rosso’ Sartori is a crossing from Sycopsis sinensis en Parrotia persica. Bred by Marco Sartori from Italy, its a very winter hardy tree, harder than the existing crossings. It’s also a well branched and very healthy 'disease-free' tree. This tree will be introduced by Van Aart Boomkwekerijen at GrootGroenPlus today (September 30th) on stand 115. www.vanaartboomkwekerijen.nl
New Website for 'Royal Hedge'
Janny de Jong is pictured at Plantarium last month at the launch of their new hedging material. Dutch nursery E de Jong report on tremendous levels of interest in this new plant material. www.royalhedge.nl
Autumn Plant Event Season!
The mixture of Plantarium, Groen Direkt and Floralis Boskoop gave the Autumn plant event season a terrific start! The number of new varieties launched at Plantarium provided singular evidence that the global plant sector is in good health. It also emhasised the comments made by Plants for Europe M.D. Graham Spencer recently that if you are serious about plants and future retail sales, you must attend these events! There were some U.K. buyers in evidence but still too few!
New Sunsparkler® Sedums from Plantipp bv
Four Oaks number 45!
The U.K.'s favourite ornamental plant show reached its 45th year this week. We never fail to be in awe of Pat Coutts and her team and how they continue to produce such a vibrant event, 45 years after its launch with just a few growers. There were over 450 exhibitors, including Paul Jackson from Channel Island Plants, this time around.
Levington innovates to stay ahead!
The latest innovations to the Levington professional growing media portfolio − including a new peat free range ‘Levington Advance Sustain’ − plus the launch of a new systemic fungicide ‘Avatar’ were unveiled by ICL (formerly Everris) at the Four Oaks Trade Show. A full report on ICL is now ''live'' on our Product Focus pages.
Fillers, Spillers and Thrillers!
A new and impressive POS concept was displayed at the Ball Colegrave Summer Showcase. Hortipak have produced a mixture of backdrops, bench skirts and foamex panels as part of their new 'Fillers, Spillers and Thrillers' concept. The timing of this launch was ideal, given the theme of the HTA workshop which took place within the grounds of Ball Colegrave during the final 3 weeks of July.