- Groen-Direkt set for pre-Christmas flourish! 24 October 2014
- Supamoss brand shows strong growth! 23 October 2014
- Fruit Tree deliveries from November! 22 October 2014
- Seeds and Plants to Commercial Growers! 21 October 2014
- Coles win BALI Affiliate Landscape Award 21 October 2014
- Italian partnership is molto bene! 20 October 2014
Welcome to this exciting news platform for the European Plant sector. This site includes many exclusive reports and features from around the U.K., Europe and beyond. Planteria.eu prides itself on the content of the site which is generated as a result of personal visits to the nursery trade and representation at the key plant events. Growers, Nurseries and Breeders around the globe (plus product manufacturers) are invited to submit their plant news on a regular basis to us.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Future Landscape & Public Realm 201427 October 2014 28 October 2014
- Open Days at Nieuwkoop Europe B.V.5 November 2014 6 November 2014 7 November 2014
- Flora Holland Trade Fair 20145 November 2014 6 November 2014 7 November 2014
- IPM Dubai 20149 November 2014 10 November 2014 11 November 2014
- GroSouth 201412 November 2014
- Futurescape 201418 November 2014
- Flower Show Turkey 201427 November 2014 28 November 2014 29 November 2014 30 November 2014
- IPM Essen 201527 January 2015 28 January 2015 29 January 2015 30 January 2015
- Salon du Vegetal 201517 February 2015 18 February 2015 19 February 2015
- Hortigrow 201425 February 2015
From the Potting Shed....
After the trio of events in Boskoop, Macclesfield and the NEC, we reached the final stop on the Autumn trail in early October. The annual twin events in Opheusden and Zundert provided new winners at the plant awards, new machinery for future nursery management and so much to digest in a short window. EXPO TCO highlighed the vibrant tree sector in this southern region of Holland with the 24th edition of GrootGroenPlus gaining in maturity.
Wendy Van Aart is pictured with their Bronze Award winning Nyssa sylvatica 'Wildfire' at the Groot Groen Plus event.
Earlier in the autumn, Four Oaks 2014 took centre stage.The glorious weather just added to the bouyant atmosphere generated by the best in ornamental horticuture. There was a distinct European flavour as the euro remains strong and this always helps to create a competitive environment. Green Mile Trees source some of their material from Italy and they enjoyed a positive show. (pictured)
We had a surprise guest on day one - with an 'Elvis' tribute to mark the launch of the 'Elvis' variety of new Sunny Osteospermums. These are available from Gasa Young Plants.
Green heart of Glee...the future?
The 'Green heart of Glee' posed many questions for the future. The displays were attractive and were seen by many visitors passing through the Atrium. The key question is 'Do these U.K. growers prefer to be inside the halls?' If so, their event costings will change and we wait to see the outcome with interest. On the plus side, it was interesting to see growers such as Whartons and Morleys providing excellent examples of retail plants for 2015. (pictured). There is always the case for being part of the smaller 'event' and their range of material was very impressive.
Outdoor Design & Build 2015
As the momentum increases towards Expo 2020 in Dubai, the above trade event is being held in April for the third time. Their link to the $50 billion spend this year on construction projects is highlighted on our news pages.